SERVICE D'AIDE AUX CONJOINTS (SAC) is a non profit organization offering intervention services aimed at increasing awareness and inciting men to assume a higher degree of responsibility within the relationship thus preventing domestic violence.
The goals for which the corporate body is made up are the following :
To form a non profit corporate body which aims at preventing domestic violence with men having conjugal difficulties or going through a conjugal break-up, without regards to sexual orientation.
- By intervening directly with men having conjugal difficulties or going through a conjugal, family difficulties or going through a conjugal break-up.
- By offering an orientation service towards therapeutic services for violent men.
- By increasing men’s awareness and inciting them to assume more responsibility in regard to women’s abuse and domestic and family violence.
- By informing and directing people towards existing programs centered mainly on men’s position in today’s society.
- By developing a dialog and establishing collaboration with the networks working in the field of domestic and family violence or with the social services.
- By offering help services to men subjected to domestic violence and informing them about the relevant social and legal services.
- By offering a service of sociocommunity activities based on the clientele and the regional authorities specific needs.
- By offering services in both official languages and by adapting the interventions to answer to the multicultural clientele's needs.