The SAC is a community-based, non-profit organization. Since its creation, a continuous effort has been made to support an overall approach based on a social vision of the problems experienced. This is achieved through individual, small group and community interventions. These not only target the wellness of individuals and their relationships, but also call into question the social elements inherent to their problems. Democratic participation based on values of equality and solidarity encourages the involvement of all individuals linked to the organization in carrying out the actions necessary to ensure the achievement of this community-wide vision. Moreover, a great deal of concern is devoted to ensuring the development of services related to changes in participants’ and community needs. In accordance with our mission, we are active in various regional and provincial bodies.
Consequently, we are involved in various joint action and partnership ventures such as:
- Meetings with OPTION and Pro-Gam;
- À Coeur d’homme, a men’s help network whose aim is to create a non-violent society;
- Table de concertation en matière de violence conjugale de Montréal (the Montréal domestic violence issue table);
- Table de concertation en violence conjugale du secteur nord de Montréal (the domestic violence in the north of Montréal issue table);
- Regroupement des organismes pour hommes de l’île de Montréal (ROHIM, the association of men’s organizations on the island of Montréal);
- Directorships on boards of community organizations;
- Participation in various projects, training activities, political representations and advisory committees.